Senior Project Manager
Summit Engineering Group, a wholly owned subsidiary of Modjeski and Masters, is a structural engineering firm, specializing in bridges. An authority in bridge design and construction, our expert engineering staff provides services for public agencies, design consultants and contractors, including segmental concrete bridge design and construction engineering, design build engineering, spliced concrete girder design, and erection and demolition engineering. Summit is looking to hire an outgoing and highly motivated Senior Project Manager with 15+ years of experience of segmental/post-tensioned bridge design experience.
EDUCATION AND LICENSE REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum of a MS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from a ABET accredited college or university and a
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Lead, coordinate and manage the efforts of engineers, technicians and sub-consultants in the successful completion and delivery of engineering and/or inspection projects;
- Develop and implement work plans necessary for successful completion of projects;
- Monitor project staff levels, scope, schedule and budget to meet project goals, quickly identify project changes that my require time extensions, cost supplements or work plan adjustments;
- Effectively communicate with co-workers, Clients, contractors, etc., maintaining positive and professional relationships with each and respond to inquiries in a timely manner;
- Participate in contract negotiations.
- Participate in technical societies and committees.
- Demonstrates the potential to integrate and balance Technical skill, Project Management skills and Business Administrations skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of bridge analysis, design and detailing methods, or similar comprehensive knowledge in highway design, and/or bridge inspection.
- Strong leadership, organizational and time management skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects
- Ability to evaluate alternatives and make sound decisions
- Demonstrates creativity and problem solving skills.